Sextantworks (originally Wanderlust Projects) created experiences in places you aren’t supposed to be. I co-founded the practice in 2012, creating dozens of site-specific adventures in New York City and abroad.
It all started with the accidental discovery of an abandoned honeymoon resort and a modest Awesome Foundation grant. Attention from the press attracted high-end, private commissions and other client work.
Our exploits included:
- a speakeasy in a dry water tower in Manhattan
- annual infiltration scavenger hunts of the Waldorf Astoria hotel
- fundraising innovations for the Alicia Keys Black Ball
- a photo safari in the Domino Sugar Refinery in Brooklyn
- a comprehensive artistic exploration of New York Harbor
- a love motel transformation in São Paulo, Brazil
Visit the Website Press: Bloomberg Businessweek Press: The New York Times Press: The Daily Beast Press: Fast Company