As an experience designer and strategist, I provoke new insight through adventure and play. My work has taken the form of games, rituals, gatherings, expeditions, documentary media, and educational endeavors.
I am driven by an innate appetite for exploration and coloring outside the lines. I thrive on expanding people’s horizons with first-hand experience and broadening our ability to empathically imagine the experience of others.
As a Senior Designer at SYPartners in New York City, I help create systems of human-led, purpose-driven transformation at the organizational and societal level.
Independently, I’m exploring the design of transformative social experiences by comparing sex parties, funerals, and wilderness trips. The research started through graduate work at the School of Visual Arts’ Design Research Program and went public through a residency at NEW INC of the New Museum.
Organizations I advise include:
- The School for Poetic Computation, an artist-run school about the intersection of code, design, hardware, and theory
- Photography, Expanded, an initiative of the Magnum Foundation to inspire documentary photographers to extend their storytelling practice beyond the still image
You can occasionally find me hanging out at Orbital.
I co-founded two design practices: Sextantworks, which orchestrated adventures in places you aren’t supposed to be, and Antidote Games, which creates playful experiences for understanding complex realities.
Before that, I traveled extensively doing documentary projects and collaborative media production in Guatemala, India, and Brazil, and was a Fulbright Fellow to Ethiopia.
- M.A. in Design Research, Writing, & Criticism, School of Visual Arts
- B.F.A. in Design & Technology, Parsons School of Design
- B.A. in History, The New School University
For more, try the FAQs.